1. Does Jarrettsville Builders have a portfolio of models that are frequently used as base designs?
The residential and commercial projects on our website are intended solely to represent what we do. We do not have a portfolio of models, as each project is designed and built to meet the client’s specific requirements.
2. What is the main service area for Jarrettsville Builders?
Most of our construction takes place in Harford County, Maryland. We occasionally also work in Baltimore County, Maryland.
3. Do I need to be prequalified before I begin my project?
It is very important to seek guidance from your lender or financial advisor as to how much you can comfortably invest in your project. This applies to both residential and commercial clients. It’s extremely difficult to assist a potential client when no budgetary guidelines have been established.
4. How much per square foot does it cost to build a custom home or commercial building?
This is undoubtedly one of the most frequently asked questions, but also one of the most difficult to answer. There are many variables, both in design and amenities. The most efficient way to obtain a realistic estimate is to meet personally with a builder to discuss your ideas. You are doing yourself a gross disservice by simply shopping square footage pricing over the telephone or Internet.
Building a home is one of the largest investments you’ll make in your life. It’s essential for you to be proactive by thoroughly investigating builders during the selection process.
As of January 1, 2001, all home builders operating in Maryland, except those building exclusively in Montgomery County, are required to be registered with the Home Builders Registration Unit. This unit is part of the Consumer Protection Division of the office of the Attorney General. Doing business with a registered home builder will ensure that you are eligible for all protections provided by your contract and by state law. For more information, contact the Home Builder Registration Unit at (toll-free) 1-877-259-4525 or by visiting www.oag.state.md.us/homebuilder.
5. Our organization is considering building a new facility or possibly expanding our existing one. What do we need to consider before we begin this process?
- Determine a realistic budget. How much can you comfortably afford to invest?
- Do you own property for the build? Or are you in the process of purchasing property?
- Consider the size and use of the facility. For most commercial projects, we recommend an initial meeting with Jarrettsville Builders, an architect, and sometimes a civil engineer, if the anticipated sitework is complex. Oftentimes, there is no fee for this initial consultation. Since sitework has become so expensive, we are also able to assist in securing property that would have the least number of challenges.
6. Does Jarrettsville Builders engage in home improvement projects?
Our schedule most often prevents us from this phase of construction. However, we occasionally do large additions and renovations, both residential and commercial, if scheduling permits.
7. How has Jarrettsville Builders developed such a successful business, even without advertising?
The Minton family has invested over 70 years in this industry, and most of our new clients come by word of mouth and personal referrals. It’s important to us to give back to our local community. God has continued to bless us with longevity, and we remain grateful!